As we approach the end of the season and begin to embrace (albeit reluctantly) the winter cold, here is a look back at the fashion from Autumn ’13 and how to create a timeless look for this time of year.
Autumn is such a beautiful time of year. It is the transitional period where the leaves change color and the air gets crisp. The falling leaves are symbolic to “out with the old and in with the new.” For fashion enthusiasts, this means putting away the warm weather clothing and breaking out the Fall wardrobe. Autumn is the best season to display one’s personal style. The temperature is warm enough to not hide under a heavy coat, while cool enough to layer with statement making accessories. Personal style is ranked by the complete head-to-toe package. For autumn, accessories are just as important to the outfit as the clothing underneath. It is amazing to see the various combinations of textures such as cable knits, corduroy, and tweed that people pair together. This is the perfect time to put your best leather boot forward and show your peers and co-workers just how much of a styling genius you are.
Layering is vital during Autumn as the weather is never consistent. Wearing layers help us prepare for what mother nature has in store. The key is to have a closet stocked with versatile pieces that can easily be paired together to create multiple looks. It is all about functionality!
The following are key Autumn pieces that every man should have in his closet:
1. All Purpose Boots – Includes suede and leather material boots ranging from oxford to work-wear styles.
2. Versatile Outerwear – Transitional coats consisting of overcoats, bombers, vests and leather jackets.
3. Essential Sweaters – Basic sweaters than can be worn alone or layered over collared shirts.
4. Flannel – This seasonal staple is a great layering piece. Flannels can be tied around the waist for a street-wear look or worn on the body to remain warm and on trend.
5. Statement Accessories – Focusing on a variety of hat and scarf silhouettes, statement accessories add the cherry on top to any look.
Fall/Autumn ’13 Trends
Long Wool Coats
Fashion Driven Joggers
Work-wear Boots (Wingtip, Distressed)
Quilted Fabric (Leather, Wool)
Dark Shades of Blue
Remember, layering is key! When you combine these key Autumn pieces with this season’s latest trends, you’ll be sure to create a head turning outfit that any fashion critic would love.
Photos by: JNHFotos